NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTRE (EVENT MONITOR)
J. D. Irving Limited, IT Division serves the challenging and diverse Information Technology needs of the J.D. Irving group of companies involved in industries as varied as forestry, food processing, transportation, manufacturing, retail and distribution. Our mission is "Powering the Organization with Information on Demand." We offer our people the opportunity to engage in innovative projects delivering business value in a diverse environment. In addition to this we offer challenging and rewarding career paths within our organization and access to excellent training and development opportunities. We are committed to helping people learn and grow with the organization.
Position Overview: We currently have an opportunity in our Network Operations Centre in Saint John, N.B, reporting to the Operations Manager. This is an exciting career opportunity that provides the opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies, best in class processes and a diverse set of industries.The successful candidate will play a pivotal role enabling 24/7 quality support which utilizes a variety of skills to provide second to none service to the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies. The successful candidate must have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, be inquisitive, able to influence, lead, enjoys variety, supporting customers, and a desire to address service interruptions promptly.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Monitor enterprise network infrastructure
- Analyze, troubleshoot, escalate and resolve technical issues
- Manage priority incidents to resolution
- Address service interruptions in the most time-efficient manner
- Update technical documentation
- Provide Service Desk Support in Off Business hours
- Shift Work: 4 days of 12 hour shifts (2 days followed by 2 nights)
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Education Required: Associate's Degree
- 2-5 years of customer support experience in a technical environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A positive attitude and appetite for learning and development
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Orion, Vsphere, SCOM, SCCM, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Backup Exec, AS/400, Unix, Microsoft office applications
- Examples of a proactive attitude, ownership, process improvements and problem analysis / resolution skills
- Ability to describe, create and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Participation in processes involving change management, vendor management, and escalation procedures
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.