We're growing and it's happening fast! We’re fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic individual to join that team!
As an ID, you will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of face-to-face and online training. Working closely with Project Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Developers, you will design creative instructional strategies.
- Use process and standards, storyboard EL/DL products as prioritized by leadership in terms of content, media, learner profiles, instructional methods and levels of knowledge
- Liaise with courseware project Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Offices of Primary Interest (OPIs) for content acquisition, clarification, and overall alignment of EL/DL content to the desired performance objectives (POs) in accordance with the mandated Training Plan (TP)
- Advise and liaise with the production and quality assurance teams during product design, development, release and evaluation phases, including but not limited to contributing to learner assessment products, QC checks complete with verifications, and peer review
- Assist in conducting QC reviews if required
- Synthesize content into creative, sound instructional design that is cognitively engaging
- Write assessment questions appropriate to the level of learning, matching the learning objectives
- Work cooperatively with multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of DND civilian and military personnel, interns and other contractors
- Participate in appropriate planning processes, meeting and working groups dealing primarily with the overall project, the project team and matters pertaining to general courseware production and the content review and revision cycles
- Ensure consistency and maintain documentation for specific style guidelines (i.e., project specific or school specific style guides)
- Prepare courseware text documents to be sent to translation
- Support development of the project plan and schedule
- Assist in the design of the learning solution and prepare both high level and detailed design documents
- Assist in the design and support the development of prototypes and beta test products and ensure compliance with specifications and standards
- Liaise with development staff as needed prior to and during production (ie. to refine media specifications, to clarify storyboards and to share updates or changes)
- Identify potential obstacles, scope changes or impact on deliverables
- Other duties as required
- University degree or college diploma in any field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the last ten (10) years in Instructional Design
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in the last ten (10) years in the Instructional Design of eLearning products
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking the Apply Online Now button, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….