Our Client, located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, has asked us to assist them with their search for an Operations Maintenance Coordinator.
- Promotes a safe working environment and safe work practices.
- Assists in the effectiveness of all maintenance processes including but not limited to, Planning and Scheduling (including Shutdowns), Preventive Maintenance, Break-in work and Emergencies.
- Ensures work force effectiveness for both maintenance and operations by eliminating the potential for delays.
- Communicates safety/housekeeping issues and opportunities at planning and scheduling meetings
- Coordinates tag-outs and lockouts of equipment for maintenance work
- Communicates directly with operations and maintenance to ensure planned and scheduled work starts on schedule.
- Communicates directly with maintenance in the planning of work in the backlog that is not ready to be scheduled
- Communicates directly with maintenance supervisors, planners in the scheduling of work that has been planned and is ready to schedule
- Communicates directly with maintenance supervisors, planners in the execution of work
- Reviews and screens all work requests to see that the requester has provided the required information such as: Equipment ID, Problem Description, Priority
- Determine jobs that require a Management of Change review and approval, that can and should be handled by operations, and determine whether jobs require an equipment shutdown
- Evaluates work order priorities, including emergency and break-in work orders
- Participates in the scheduling of break-in work
- Actively participates in the coordination of work execution between operations and maintenance
- Assists to adjust priorities of scheduled work in progress to execute emergency or break-in work
- Facilitates all Planning and Scheduling (P&S) meetings
- Communicates and coordinates all scheduled maintenance activities with operations shift supervisors, crew leaders and other affected people
- Participates in all Shutdown activities.
- Measure Results including, Maintenance Schedule Compliance, Percent emergency work, Percentage of break-in work, Equipment Downtime – Production and Maintenance, Equipment Availability
- Attendance at P&S Meetings
- 3-5 years of Operations experience in an industrial unionized setting.
- Engineering degree or Diploma would be preferred but not required depending on experience.
- A strong background in the Pulp and Paper industry would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities to completion within a tight timeline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to pull the necessary resources together to complete the jobs required.
- Demonstrated ability to distinguish and balance priorities within the areas of responsibility while meeting both the short and long-term objectives.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
For additional information or to review other career opportunities, please visit www.halliwellconsulting.com