Requisition ID: 179406
Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Maintenance
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 3809 GTA CFC
Postal Code: L4L 1A5
Voila.ca is a new team dedicated to launching and scaling Sobeys new e-commerce grocery home delivery business. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up within a larger organization. You will help launch and operate a new brand in the Ontario and Quebec markets powered by Ocado Group's world-leading e-commerce grocery platform. We are looking for experienced, passionate, curious, customer-obsessed, and entrepreneurial individuals to join a diverse and driven team whose mission is to help Canadians stay one step ahead of their busy lives. Voila by Sobeys and Voila par IGA will be the most reliable and convenient way for Canadians to shop for groceries. Your groceries delivered. Just like that.™
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment throughout the facility. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
Shift: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 2pm-10pm EST
Here's where you'll be focusing:
• Follow preventative maintenance schedule on equipment
• Perform necessary repairs on equipment
• Assist in ordering parts as required
• Complete all daily inspections in a thorough and timely manner
• Assist in all areas of the Maintenance Department
• Adhere and implement all applicable company safety standards
• Maintain sanitation standards
• Refrigeration duties as per local Legislation if applicable
• All other duties as required
What you have to offer:
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi task
- Certificate in an applicable trade
- High School Diploma
- A Minimum of one year experience in an industrial setting
- Third Class Operating Engineer Certification
- A or B Class Refrigeration Certification
- TSSA Certification
- Certified to operate mobile equipment
- Journeyman Certificate in an applicable trade
- Previous experience in a retail support centre
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
- Alertness to other people and vehicles
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.