Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, South America and Australia. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
We are seeking to hire a Vaccination and Fish Logistics Supervisor to join our dynamic and growing company. Reporting to the Director of Freshwater Operations. This position is based out of Johnson Lake Hatchery in Pennfield, NB. The successful candidate will be an integral team member, efficiently and effectively working with operations.
- Organize immersion vaccination at facilities.
- Organize injection vaccination at facilities.
- Organize contract crew for vaccination.
- Track the quality of vaccination
- Stay up to date on current procedures and products.
- Work with vaccine machine suppliers to ensure optimal equipment performance.
- Work with suppliers to organize on-time product delivery.
- Track and reconcile products.
- Organize supplies to sites for vaccination.
- Quality control of all aspects of the vaccination process
- Organize smolt shipping.
- Work with all departments to arrange trucks, boats, and sites for shipping.
- Track shipping success
- Organize lump fish shipments.
- Work closely with internal and external departments to ensure shipping success.
- Track and report on entry success
- Track and report on costs
- Work closely with saltwater planners to create the best stocking plan.
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced experience with Excel, Outlook, Fishtalk and other associated programs.
- Knowledge of industry
- Experience within hatcheries
- Experience with the fish vaccination process
- Driver's license in good standing
- Ability to work at irregular times.
- Ability to travel for work.
- Ability to work away for several days at a time.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of one of the fastest-growing Atlantic Canadian-based companies and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke...simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.