Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, South America and Australia. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
The Fleet Manager will contribute to the success of the team through the daily management of the drivers and, or brokers within their fleet. This role will be the main point of contact, will keep Truckmate current, thereby allowing the Planners to plan to meet the delivery, on-time expectations of our customers. The Fleet Manager will also ensure all plans have been received, complete all dispatches, and keep TruckMate up to date, in real time. This role will report to the Director of Operations.
- Review and update Truckmate, daily, at the beginning and end of day
- Communicate all delays or service concerns with Customer Service and Planners daily.
- Dispatch all assigned work; optimize trips and ensure Truckmate is accurate, current and in real time to what their fleet is doing daily.
- Daily update of ETA; home time; return to work date and time; along with any other details from their fleet in TruckMate.
- Ensure all ACE or ACI's are set up for their fleet daily.
- Check on required, upcoming service for their fleet and coordinate with maintenance to get it completed.
- Ensure all paperwork is forwarded as required to facilitate timely invoices to our customers.
- Keep message center current, updating Truckmate based on information being received, and responding to messages as needed daily; ensure fleet is utilizing macros as required and follow up with those not doing so and involving Operations Manager if needed.
- Ensure the fleet is adhering to policy and procedure.
- Set monthly in person meetings with drivers.
- Identify and coordinate training for fleet as needed.
- Must have extensive Truckmate experience.
- Must have 3 - 5 years' experience as a Fleet Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback to employees.
- Must be adaptable and able to respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills are required, must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite and have the ability to learn new software.
- Must be able to build strong relationships with customers and drivers.
Salary commensurate with experience which includes a competitive health and dental benefit package.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.