Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company with its head office located in Saint John, NB with interests in a number of businesses, including broadcasting, construction, energy, industrial distribution, and real-estate. Our purpose is to grow winning businesses with great people, which contribute to better communities. We unlock the potential of our businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and we celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Our focus is on excellence and accomplishment. The Company and its businesses have always been responsible corporate citizens, mindful of the communities where we operate.
Ocean Capital has an opportunity for a Program Coordinator - Enterprise Risk Management within the Enterprise Risk Management team. Building on our foundational work already in place, this position will contribute to the development and implementation of enhanced enterprise-wide risk management activities, such as a formalized ERM program; Privacy; Policies; and Business Continuity - Emergency Preparedness, with the end goal of delivering and managing topic-specific service centers of expertise.
- Project management of strategic initiatives and programs, including:
- Planning, development, implementation and operation
- Collaboration with business teams enterprise-wide
- Engagement with external partners
- Communication, change management and continuous improvement activities
- Research and development of program documents and policies
- Performance management, including tracking and reporting on progress
- Utilization of technology in support of program objectives.
- Director, Administration & Privacy
- Human Resources, IT, Project and other cross-functional teams
- Various personnel across enterprise business operations
- External advisors and consultants
- Proactive delivery: Strive to exceed expectations; taking accountability for keeping own performance on track
- Owning your development: Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development
- Creating personal impact: Show confidence and positive attitude, contributing to the energy of the team
- Aligning self: Organize and prioritize own contribution to the goals and priorities of the team and business
- Rational influencing: Provide compelling business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Supporting others: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues
- High quality decision making: Make smart decisions weighing risk and reward to help team/department performance
- Making improvements: Show curiosity in seeking opportunities to make improvements; increasing efficiency, effectiveness and customer success
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma with the right blend of experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in fast-paced program/project management positions. Other relevant experience and/or education will be considered.
- Reliable self-starter with ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- A successful candidate would demonstrate a strong work ethic, be highly organized, self-motivated and able to manage their time based on priorities and deadlines.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence at various levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; good research skills; presentation skills; keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office, Visio, SharePoint; experience with Power BI is an asset.
Travel will be required to support program objectives.
The successful candidate will be able to think quickly and flexibly, bringing a broad perspective to situations and working through complexity. Shows drive and resilience when faced with adversity, keeping a positive attitude. Is open to change, looking for new opportunities to do things better while supporting others through change. Demonstrates interpersonal insight and flexibility, able to understand what is important to others and can adapt to connect with people. The candidate will have a passion for the sustainability and success of business operations.
Providing the opportunities for career and professional growth, we support our employees` movements to different companies within our group. If you are interested in the position, please apply here with a resume and cover letter.