Shoreland Transportation Inc., a division of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., is seeking an experienced Truck and Transport Technician to join our team based out of our Saint John West location.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
Reporting to the VP of Fleet Management, the Truck and Transport Technician will:
• Diagnose problems, perform repairs, and provide preventative maintenance services for our transportation fleet
• Perform repairs and services on various types of trucks, trailers, and reefer units
• Do preventative maintenance at prescribed intervals
A successful candidate will:
• Have experience reading and understanding work orders, task procedures and technical manuals
• Always make safety a priority
• Maintain a clean work area
• Have 2-4 years of related experience
* Possess a Truck & Transport Technician License
Cooke offers full-time year-round employment, competitive rates and a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental as well as a company-matched pension.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest-growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.