Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a result of our robust growth we are seeking a Boilermaker - Class 3 or 4 to join our team of professionals at St. Laurent Gulf Products Ltd in Caraquet, NB . The person who has his class 4 license must be ready and available to return to studies to obtain his class 3 license.
As Boilermaker, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the boiler and ensure the proper functioning of the equipment
- Diagnosing the various problems and repair them
- Performing chemical tests and know how to interpret the results
- Keeping the log book up to date
- Daily boiler inspection
- Participating in employee trainings if necessary
- Performing any other related tasks requested by the supervisor
A successful candidate will:
- Be methodical and punctual in all work requirements
- Have the ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate leadership in a key position
- Respect security and confidentiality rules
- Be bilingual
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.