Designed to meet the needs of multiple events, Nova Scotia's Halifax Convention Centre offers over 120,000 square feet of flexible event space in the heart of downtown. The Halifax Convention Centre is part of the Nova Centre, a million-square-foot, mixed-use development that includes a hotel, office towers, and retail space. It is the largest integrated development project in the province's history.
The Halifax Convention Centre, managed by Events East Group, is now inviting applications for the position of Kitchen Stewards with our Stewarding team.
The focus of this role is to maintain the high standards of cleanliness our kitchen is known for. This integral role works within the Kitchen, dishwashing, cleaning kitchen equipment and surfaces, assisting in waste disposal, recycling efforts, participating in event preparations, and other day to day kitchen activities. This role works closely with members of our Culinary team.
- Reliable, friendly individuals with a strong attention to detail.
- Team players with an appreciation for high levels of cleanliness.
- Able to work standing for long periods of time, to perform repetitive tasks, lift up to 50lbs, push or pull wheeled equipment up to 200lbs (assisted).
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen or cleaning position an asset but not required.
- Should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Benefits of joining our team:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Uniform provided
- On-the-job training with skilled professionals and state of the art equipment
- Occasionally food provided depending on business.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by Unifor, Local 4005. All internal candidates have been considered, and we now encourage external applicants to apply.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to [email protected] with STEWARD in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com