Publié il y a 17 jours
Numéro de concours: 22006234
Senior Innovation Specialist
At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Consumer Products is a leading manufacturer of premium tissue products - including national brands and private label. We also manufacture private label diapers and training pants for North American retailers.
The Senior Innovation Specialist will be based out of Toronto Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4) with potential to be based out of our Moncton, New Brunswick location. Under the general direction of the Director of Technical, the Senior Innovation Specialist manages the research and innovation pipeline for ICP. They will shepherd projects through the stage-gate process and qualify the value of the initiatives in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization. The Senior Innovation Specialistwill lead these innovative projects from the planning and administration of the project through all development, laboratory tests, clinical evaluations, and market preference tests. This is a permanent, full-time position. The primary language of work is English.
We're offering growth and endless opportunity at a company that's on the rise, backed up by the security of the entire JDI group of companies. Continuous Improvement is part of our culture. That doesn't just refer to our cutting-edge tech or marketing model-it means supporting every member of our team to learn, grow and become a bigger part of the company.
- Education: Post-secondary degree in Science or Engineering, Masters preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience, combined work, and graduate studies Expertise in communicating technical concept to varied audiences
- Accuracy of data and report writing
- Experience in developing an innovation program/framework considered an asset
- Passion for innovative approaches and problem solving
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills cross-functionally within an organization
- Proficient at disseminating relevant knowledge to peers and colleagues
- Capable of progressing ideas and concepts from laboratory scale to commercialization
- Demonstrated expertise in conceiving and driving to execution laboratory scale experiments
- Strong ability to cultivate and leverage outside resource sand expertise in collaborative research projects
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of innovation management strategy and theory
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage the research and innovation pipeline. Lead innovative projects through the stage-gate process. Provides technical expertise to assist in decision making for technical and product development teams. Staying current with research & innovation activities in the internal business. Overseeing the generation of intellectual property as required
- Engages with the broader marketplace regarding innovation plans (1-3 year timeframes). Represents the organization to the research community. Manage outside research grants and opportunities within the respective field of Research and Innovation to leverage funding and resources. Provides guidance and oversees technical portions of externally funded innovation projects. Overseeing these relationships to see through the benefits to our business
- Advises other internal teams on innovation-related topics as needed
- Supports trials, customer meetings, chemical clearance processes, and chemical regulatory inquiries from customers
What We Offer
Irving Consumer Products is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Consumer Products and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
- Hybrid flexible work options (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don't meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we're looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Enregistrer pour plus tard