Journeyperson Instrumentation Technician – Electrical & Instrumentation Department
AV Group is an exciting and innovative company that is backed by world class strength, the Aditya Birla Group (ABG), a 55 billion $US corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities, anchors the Group. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. As a member of The Aditya Birla Group based in India, our mandate is to produce specialty pulp products to service the textile industry. Consequently, we offer professional challenges in a range of disciplines to assist us to grow and operate. AV Group offers outstanding career opportunities as well as the chance to be a part of a developing team.
AV Group NB Inc. Nackawic Mill is currently recruiting for a Journeyperson Instrumentation Technician!
Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of instrumentation equipment such as MCC’s, Switchgears, VFDs and PLCs, flow meters, control valves, analyzers, pressure transmitters etc;
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning electrical & instrumentation control systems;
- Inspection and Reliability tasks: PM’s and calibrations of PH, ORP, Conductivity and consistency meters;
- Routing and installation of power and control cables and cable trays to feed new equipment;
- VFD and PLC programming and maintenance;
- Identify and correct deficiencies with respect to relevant codes and specifications;
- Participate in business improvement initiatives like reliability and improvement Capital Projects;
- Routine daily Instrument work;
- Complete shift log of daily activities;
- Work closely with operations group to support day to day operations;
- Complete Preventative maintenance checks and WO’s as assigned;
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Recommends improvements to procedures, standards and practices, as part of our continuous improvement;
- Shift work, weekend shifts and overtime may be required;
- Working at heights and confined spaces;
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Journeyperson status in Instrumentation Technician;
- Instrumentation skills to be able to troubleshoot and repair mill instrumentation equipment with minimal or no supervision;
- Knowledge of instrumentation, analyzers, PID control, process control;
- Knowledge of VFD’s, PLC and DCS systems;
- Adequate knowledge of CMS Work order systems, Inventory system;
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application online https://www.av-group.ca/job-listings/ today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.