Project Manager - Energy Transition (Hybrid Opportunity)
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
Energy Transition is an exciting new initiative at Irving Oil that will help our organization meet the opportunities and challenges associated with the Global Energy Transition. You could be a part of projects including, but not limited to, Renewable Energy projects, Hydrogen and Biofuels projects, Carbon Capture and Sequestration projects, and Clean Fuel Regulations projects. As this overall project and initiative will continue to evolve for our organization, additional areas of activity can/will arise.
If you are a project professional at any level and are looking to work for a dynamic, innovative company that has been named in Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 7th year in row, this could be the role for you!
We are seeking Project Managers in the role of Project Manager, Energy Transition, to be stationed around the Saint John, New Brunswick area, to lead the development and execution of capital projects typically ranging between $50,000 and $50,000,000 at the refinery, on sites inside and outside the refinery and across our supply chain.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity - flexible work model that supports a blend of in office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of Energy Transition projects from concept to completion in compliance to internal Gate Review Process
- Responsible for submitting funding requests for each phase, completing the Project Execution plan, directing the completion of Engineering packages and work orders, ensuring procurement and contracts deliverables are complete and interfacing with construction teams until completion of project.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables in support of business goals across all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for safety, schedule, cost and quality.
- Coordinate project meetings and effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and, recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage risks, changes in project scope, cost, schedule and critical path, identify potential problem areas, and recommend plans.
- Facilitation, excellent communication skills, strong people skills (motivation, engagement, performance management), responsive, open and accessible, ability to create mutual trust and respect with colleagues.
- Maintain an open dialogue with team members so that all opinions are heard, evaluated, and addressed.
- Innovation and problem-solving ability, set and maintain priorities, persistence, tenacity, customer focus, strong organizational aptitude and resiliency in difficult circumstances.
- On-the-job management training and mentorship.
- Developed Financial Acumen.
- Some Travel May be required for this role.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree, technical degree and/or industrial trade.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Project Management or a related discipline.
- Looking for Project Managers with varying levels of experience to support our Energy Transition program.
- Our Energy Transition team continues to grow and we welcome applications from candidates with experience in Construction Management, Project Controls, Program Management or other related industry experience.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Management, Project Management, Refinery Operations
Job Requirements - Education
Saint John, NB