AV Group NB Inc. is part of the Aditya Birla Group (ABG), a 55 billion $US corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. As a member of The Aditya Birla Group based in India, our mandate is to produce specialty pulp products to service the textile industry. AV Group offers outstanding career opportunities as well as the chance to be a part of a developing team.
AV Group NB Inc. Atholville Mill is currently recruiting for the following position: Tour Superintendent
The Tour Superintendent will coordinate activities in all departments in the mill to achieve maximum production and ensure compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental legislation. Will monitor and coach shift employees to achieve maximum performance; inform department superintendent of concerns and opportunities.
- Determine existing and potential production bottleneck and take appropriate action.
- Investigate accidents, environmental occurrences and other incident in a timely fashion, to take immediate corrective action and to complete appropriate reports.
- Report any significant activities existing and potential bottlenecks, quality concerns and opportunities.
- Inform department superintendent immediately whenever that department is causing mill performance to fall below standard.
- Recommend changes / improvements to management systems, standards and procedures.
- Promote an environment that emphasizes safety, productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Keep up to date with new technology and management methods.
- Be proactive in safety initiatives.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree/industrial experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in a pulp mill or other industrial setting is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and leadership skills are essential.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your resume at https://av-group.ca/job-listings/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.