Looking to make a move? Advance you career and take advantage of all the perks that come with living in Atlantic Canada like reasonable real estate prices, and a comforting lifestyle.
Mariner is actively recruiting for a Senior Project Manager (salaried position) to be a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and/or Fredericton, New Brunswick. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based programs/projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of complex client-based projects and deliverables.
- Identify program/project milestones, critical success factors, and resource requirements.
- Ensure that risks are proactively identified with mitigation strategies developed and monitored while also ensuring that project issues are resolved and appropriately escalated; maintain data related to key risks and issues including the status and progress.
- Engage project stakeholders regularly by keeping them informed of delivery progress, risks and issues and manage expectations on deliverables.
- Lead initiatives involving a significant level of business or technology transformation and organizational change.
- Collaborate efficiently with partners and vendors to deliver projects according to plan.
- Manage budgets and align project deliverables to expected business benefits.
- Negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committees.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction to Project Management and Delivery teams.
- 10 years of project leadership experience in management and/or technology consulting.
- Experience within Public (municipal, provincial, and/or federal) and/or Health sectors.
- Demonstrated project experience across some combination of the following:
- digital strategy/digitalization of services
- enterprise systems (ERP, CRM, HRIS)
- IT infrastructure & cloud
- business intelligence & analytics, data management
- IT risk management
- emerging technologies (AI, ML, IoT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the consulting process, project management, organizational change management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences (technical, management, executive).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related technical area.
- Strong understanding of business process development, software development, and or solution architecture.
- Experience in business development, sales support, and/or proposal development.
- Experience with agile project delivery + experience as Agile Product Owner and/or Scrum Master.
- Experience working in client-based consulting role is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (English/French) considered an asset.
- Graduate degree (MSc, MBA, etc.) and/or relevant industry certifications (PMP, PROSCI).
Travaillez avec nous
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!