Mariner is actively recruiting for a Senior Project Manager based in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick to be a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based programs/projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of complex client-based projects and deliverables.
- Identify program/project milestones, critical success factors, and resource requirements.
- Ensure that risks are proactively identified with mitigation strategies developed and monitored while also ensuring that project issues are resolved and appropriately escalated; maintain data related to key risks and issues including the status and progress.
- Engage project stakeholders regularly by keeping them informed of delivery progress, risks and issues and manage expectations on deliverables.
- Lead initiatives involving a significant level of business or technology transformation and organizational change.
- Collaborate efficiently with partners and vendors to deliver projects according to plan.
- Manage budgets and align project deliverables to expected business benefits.
- Negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committees.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction to Project Management and Delivery teams.
- 10 years of project management experience in large sized projects.
- Experience within Public (municipal, provincial, and/or federal) and/or Health sectors.
- Demonstrated experience within a team environment where the candidate was called on to perform tasks in a mixture of collaborative and autonomous modes.
- Demonstrated and verifiable experience in developing and delivering tailored written and verbal communications to a varied stakeholder base; including senior and executive-level, technical, and business resources.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated and verifiable experience as a project manager on projects with multiple stakeholder communities.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated and verifiable experience working with Meditech environments.
- Ability to communicate in French would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of the consulting process, project management, organizational change management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences (technical, management, executive).
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related technical area.
- Experience working in client-based consulting role is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (English/French) considered an asset.
- Relevant industry certifications are an asset (PMP, PROSCI).
- Must reside in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
Travaillez avec nous
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!