As our organization continues to grow, we are seeking a Project Manager to join our team of IT professionals in Saint John, New Brunswick. Reporting to the Senior Manager of IT Business Management, this is a wonderful opportunity to show off your experience managing IT solution implementations, and expand your leadership skills, provide exceptional value to the company, and accelerate growth.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The efficient, effective, and reliable delivery of technology-based projects to various global business lines
- Plan and manage the execution of project deliverables such as scope, schedule, cost, resourcing, risk, change and quality management
- Identify milestones, critical success factors, and alignment of the project deliverables to expected business outcomes.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as organizing meetings, taking meeting minutes/notes, and following up on important decisions and actions items
- Work closely with internal business units and facilitate communication to ultimately ensure project success
- Identify and negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with the project sponsor and stakeholders
- Coordinate with 3 rd party vendors for project deliverables according to plan
- Inform the project team and stakeholders on a consistent basis of delivery progress, risks or issues and manage expectations of deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members on project delivery and management standards
A successful candidate will have:
- A PMP/PM certification considered an asset
- A well-rounded understanding of technical concepts and methodologies considered an asset
- The proven ability to deliver projects successfully throughout the full project lifecycle
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines as required
- Excellent communication skills and can effectively influence others and productively resolve a various customer, project, and technical issues
- A strategic mindset and the ability to provide direction with the right sense of urgency
- Dependability with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues and an exceptional attitude
- Must be self-directed and able to manage competing priorities
This position requires a highly motivated and industrious individual with a range of knowledge and experience in technical concepts. Strong analytic and communication skills will be key as you will work at all levels within the organization to ensure we are delivering on our committed priorities and generating positive business outcomes.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.