Publié il y a 3 jours
Numéro de concours: 22000770
At J.D. Irving, Limited's Woodlands Division is managing woodlands operations throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Maine. Many of our operations are in remote areas and several of our employees and partners stay at Company Camps for weeks and months at a time. JDI has a dedicated team of culinary professionals who manage an efficient restaurant style operation to ensure our employees have access to quality, delicious, homestyle meals.
Central New Brunswick Woodlands is looking for an experienced Lead Chef to take charge of our kitchen operations in Deersdale, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will manager a team of culinary professionals in all matters related to food preparation. The Lead Chef will be responsible for maintaining food supply, planning the menu, and ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are kept immaculate at all times.
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment working with a large and diverse organization
- Competitive compensation package that includes:
- Hourly rate ranging between $23.00 - $27.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Annual isolation bonus of $2,250.00 (paid bi-annually)
- Health & dental benefits
- Matching RRSP contribution
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Free lodging and meals on site
- Food safety certification
- Red seal chef certification is preferred but not required
- Class 5 driver's license
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Lead Chef
- Previous experience cooking in a remote location for large groups of people would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and email
- Previous experience with inventory and ordering procedures would be considered an asset
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Prepare special dietary meals as required
- Prepare bagged lunches for offsite consumption
- Bake daily sweets such as pies, cookies, cakes, and squares
- Bake daily bread products
- Ensure cleanliness, hygiene, and food safety standards are maintained
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and organized at all times
- Maintain public dining area in a clean and well-stocked condition
- Plan weekly menu
- Order food and supplies based on camp occupancy, menu plan, existing inventory, and predicted delivery dates
- Supervise Cook House staff
- Maintain and submit all invoices, time sheets, and other paperwork in a timely and organized fashion
- Address complaints and resolve issues professionally and diplomatically
Hours of Work:
A variety of work schedules are available, including:
- Monday - Friday, days (8:00am - 5:00pm)
- 4-on-4-off, alternating between days and evenings (3:00am - 3:00pm and 8:00am - 8:00pm)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Enregistrer pour plus tard