Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the energy and technology industries, as well as the public sector. This is where you come in.
One of our top employers from the Public Sector is looking for a Business Analyst to join their Application Maintenance Support Services team.
Overview of the deliverables:
Application Maintenance Support Services (AMSS) provides operational support to roughly 70 production applications. This particular role is primarily focused on web and enterprise applications including, but not limited to: Provider and Program Registry System (PAPRS), Stakeholder Registry (SHR), Learner Registry (LR).
The resource will support Application Maintenance Support Services and may be assigned to service other business areas as required.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and validation workshops
- Develop and document project vision(s) and approach.
- Analyze and define business requirements for determining roles, relationships and data structures to meet business, security, privacy and operational requirements.
- Analyze and define data and information requirements needed to address business requirements for use by data modeler and architects responsible for developing logical and physical data models and/or analysis and design class models to meet business requirements.
- Work with business clients and technical teams on the design, development and implementation of business applications.
- Document, analyze and manage business requirements.
- Develop business cases.
- Produce deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Escalate issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Prepare and execute tasks in accordance with a defined project plan.
- Review and provide input on test strategies, plans, and test cases to ensure they adequately cover the defined business requirements.
- Execute tasks in accordance with control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risks and change management at the project and/or program level.
- Attend necessary meetings to review schedule, status, issues, risk and change management.
- Support project team members in the analysis of issues.
- Prepare status reports, meeting minutes, change requests and other documents to management detailing tasks undertaken and timelines associated to the execution of those tasks.
- Obtain sign-off on the deliverables from the appropriate program/project sponsors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The candidate must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in business, IT or a related discipline and 4-yr Business Analyst (BA) experience;
- 2-year diploma in business, IT or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and 5-yr BA experience;
- a 1-yr certificate in business, IT or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and 6-yr BA experience;
- 7-yr BA experience
- Experience working as a Business Analyst within an organization of equivalent size and complexity to our client.
- Experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and business process modeling.
- Experience working closely with clients to assess and analyze their business needs, performing at least 4 of the following activities:
- interviewing business clients
- conducting impact analysis
- plan, execute and support change management
- develop communication plans
- develop vision documents
- gather and analyze requirements
- develop and analyse business process
- develop use cases or stories
- develop business process models
- Experience facilitating workshops and conducting interviews to obtain and validate requirements
- 4 years of experience with the following:
- Experience working on concurrent projects spanning multiple technical environments
- Experience with triaging technical issues/problems and trouble shooting.
- Experience developing Business Cases or Business Case Summaries
- Experience in planning/monitoring User Acceptance testing
- Experience in Business Process Reengineering
- Experience facilitating workshops or JAD sessions.
- Experience with Enterprise Applications
- Experience working in an SQL Server development environment
- Experience developing and delivering training materials
- 2 years of experience with the following:
- Experience preparing Privacy Impact Assessment documents
- Experience with Content Management Systems
About the Ian Martin Group:
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America's most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.