St. John's, NL | Technology and Digital Media | Experienced | Full-time
As a Technical Writer / Business Analyst, you will liaise between the business (Project team, Managers) and Technical Departments (Developers, Architects). When performing business analysis, you will work with user experience experts to progressively elaborate requirements and functional specifications for enhancements and new products and services. You will work with other Technical Writers and Business Analysts to align key stakeholders and product documentation. You must possess a desire to improve upon your business acumen, have experience working within Agile/Scrum methodologies, and have the capacity to drive projects forward in spite of obstacles.
What you'll do
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals;
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts;
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals;
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation;
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content;
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature;
- Work with key project stakeholders and business people to formulate and communicate the business vision for the project, map out initial requirements and the scope of the project;
- Interact efficiently with your project team, subject matter experts and supporting teams;
- Elicit requirements/user stories, use cases, screen designs and other documents through interviews, task, work flow, and business analyses, and business process descriptions;
- Understand the current business processes and assist with developing new processes that are optimized, effective and meet department requirements;
- Communicate and collaborate with departments to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Provide day to day support to Business Leads to build out the major initiatives. Assist with requirements gathering and ongoing support during project roll-out;
- Assist with design reviews for content and usability and work closely with developers to ensure the designs support the requirements;
- Work independently and with users to define scope, under direction of project manager;
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager, control and manage small to medium projects utilizing the current project methodologies that are currently in place;
- Collaborate with departments to ensure that all relevant project documentation is completed and filed, and assist with the development of project documentation templates and frameworks;
- Translate customer feedback into product features and enhancements.
What you'll need
- University or College diploma in a related field (preferably in a technical discipline) or equivalent;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Technical Writer / Business Analyst;
- Experience working as a Technical Writer / Business Analyst on an agile software development team would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional attention to detail and some insight to technical capabilities in software development;
- Comfortable utilizing agile software development tools (issue tracking, product & development management, document sharing, etc.);
- Experience in project management would be considered an asset;
- Ability to adapt to, and work effectively within, a variety of situations;
- Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting and relationship building skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives, projects and deadlines, while keeping up with a fast paced environment;
- Must be able to work in a team environment;
- Excellent listening and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project).
We're looking for
- Agile Environment
- Experienced Business Analyst
- Technical Writing
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Learning Networks
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN) provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN's solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers' compensation boards.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…