St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador | Technology and Digital Media | Experienced | Full-time
We’re fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced IT Support Specialist to join our team.
What you'll do
- Order, set-up, and install end user desktops, laptops, printers (to include all-in-one shared print devices), VoIP phones, and cell phones;
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation, printer, email, phone, and some basic network issues (e.g., routers, firewalls);
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, emails, and postings from IT Help application, regarding user issues within the scope of responsibilities as described in the summary;
- Set up and day-to-day administration support of Google Apps;
- Serve as backup resource for server maintenance, to include upgrades and patches;
- Serve as primary resource for onboarding new employees and temporary workers/consulting resources, including all office hardware, email, accounts, etc;
- Serve as primary resource for set up and maintenance of Mobile devices;
- Perform certain activities with regard to security systems;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years hands-on experience with Microsoft based workstations, laptops, printers, servers environment;
- Experience with all iterations of the following software:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- SQL Server
- Email, POP3 and SMTP
- Basic TCPIP networking
- Cloud Technologies and Virtualization Experience a Plus (HyperV)
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer service orientation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with little supervision;
- Able to multitask as well as handle challenging priorities;
- Experience using Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Office software products;
- Experience with server and virtualization technologies would be considered an asset;
- Basic working knowledge of VoIP with specific knowledge of Fonality (Asterisk) would be considered an asset;
- Basic understanding of imaging, internet, telecommunications setup and diagnostics;
- Basic knowledge of routers and firewalls;
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
- Help Desk Support
- IT Operations
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Learning Networks
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN) provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN's solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers' compensation boards.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual who wishes to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…