Northeast Nutrition Inc. is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, self-starter to fill the role of Aquaculture Research Assistant. This position will appeal to those who like to work in a fast paced environment, have the ability to multitask and take pride in having a high standard for their work.
This is a contract position (April 24 – December 21, 2018) based out of our facility at the Huntsman Marine Science Centre located in St. Andrews, New Brunswick reporting to the Fish Feed Nutrition Manager and the Senior Aquaculture Research Assistant.
- Fish husbandry with emphasis on feeding, health and bio-security in a land-based flow-through tank facility;
- Accurate recording of daily feeding information for feed and other trials in progress;
- Monitor and record water quality data;
- Participate in the maintenance of aquaculture research facilities and associated equipment;
- Full participation in research sample collection; including fish handling, weight and length recording, tissue sampling, filleting, shipping and storage etc;
- Participation in and responsibility for collection of scientific data in accordance with provided instructions;
Qualifications & Skills:
- Completed or have in progress an accredited college program, or undergraduate degree related to food animal production or aquatic biology (preferably related to aquaculture);
- Experience, or training in animal husbandry/handling/feeding (preferably aquatic);
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Understanding of scientific methodology, and keen eye for detail;
- Focus on process improvement with the ability to note potential problems, propose and implement approved solutions;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong computer (MS Word, MS Excel) skills;
- Good work organization and daily planning skills; action-oriented.
This facility is enclosed but is not a temperature controlled work area; therefore you must be comfortable working in fluctuating temperatures. Duties include lifting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Salary commensurate with experience which includes a competitive health and dental benefit package.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this Atlantic Canadian success story please forward resumes in confidence to:
Northeast Nutrition Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1 Fundy Bay Drive
St George, NB E5C 3E2
Fax: (506) 755-1340
We appreciate all resumes; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.