Talent Acquisition Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. (ISI) is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join their Human Resources team. This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax NS.
As the successful candidate, you believe the most important decision we make is who we hire. You are collaborative, customer focused and build strong relationships inside and outside of the organization. You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment and are tech-savvy; leveraging a variety of channels to build networks and support our evolving recruitment strategy. Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment while remaining positive and focused. Most of all, you are passionate about finding the best talent to support our growing business!
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a focus on Marketing or Human Resources
- Years of Experience Required: 5+ years of high volume recruiting experience
- Proven success executing large scale events would be considered a strong asset;
- Knowledge of and experience with international recruitment would be considered a strong asset;
- Customer focused individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Ability to travel as required
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers on future workforce planning and to ensure candidate suitability
- Work closely with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to plan, coordinate and execute the recruitment process
- Execute the comprehensive recruitment process for all candidates including screening and distributing resumes and coordinating interviews and candidate visits
- Participate in business improvement initiatives and identify opportunities to improve our recruitment processes
- Partner with the business to plan and execute hiring fairs and events
- Seek opportunities to further leverage technology to facilitate recruitment process
- Leverage social and digital campaigns to promote employment brand and attract qualified candidates
- Act as a key liaison and develop strong relationships with our Recruitment partner
- Continually research and understand industry trends and how they affect the candidate's decision making process to improve our overall strategy and develop supporting material
- Build and maintain a strong network through interaction with industry stakeholders
- Coordinate and ensure all required immigration paperwork is processed in a timely manner
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.