HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. We're a company that rewards performance and initiative, looking for people who deserve to be recognized..
- A certified Occupational Health and Safety designation, such as CRSP, CHSC, CHSE, or equivalent and/or 3 to 5 years' experience in the Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Experience in Training and Project Management.
- An established Health and Safety background with experience conducting Incident Investigations, Hazard Assessments, developing JHA's, SOP's and Safety Training Programs would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage team members and other stakeholders;
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft products as well as online MSDS management systems and incident reporting and tracking systems.
- Willingness to obtain certificate program in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in an agricultural or operational environment will be considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- A passion for our business and the well-being of our people
- Extensive traveling will be required
- Develop, coordinate and priority manage the project charters for various safety and training projects/initiative,
- Facilitate the training associated with new safety procedures and programs,
- Maintain required safety and training documentation,
- Deliver progress reports and presentations on the various safety projects and training initiatives,
- Active participation on site Occupational Health and Safety Committee(s),
- Perform regular site inspections and work with site staff to improve safety at site.
Please apply online by April 27, 2018.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.