Englobe Corp. is on an exciting growth path in Atlantic Canada and we are currently looking for a Senior Materials Engineer to join our excellent team in Dartmouth, NS.
Who we are?
Established in 1961, Englobe Corp. is one of Canada's leading geotechnical, construction materials and environmental firms, offering a comprehensive range of professional services to a wide array of clients. Englobe operates 60 offices across Canada and has a current full-time staff of over 1,800 employees nationwide and nearly 200 in Atlantic Canada alone. We have been in NS since the 1970’s.
If you are looking for a challenge in a team-oriented, friendly and respectful work environment on a growing team, we would love to hear from you. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Project management of Quality Control (QC) and/or Quality Assurance (QA) services on construction projects involving placement of aggregates and Portland cement concrete (PCC), as well as hot-mix asphalt paving;
- Management of projects related to pavement structural design, analysis, and rehabilitation methodologies.
- Review and reporting of laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, PCC and hot-mix asphalt (HMA) samples;
- Development of proposals and completion of technical reporting;
- Mentor and oversee laboratory, field staff and other professionals;
- Promote and facilitate business development to a growing client base;
- Develop an extensive knowledge in various Departmental and materials testing specifications.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a similar engineering field;
- Experience and personal skills to mentor other staff;
- Member (or eligibility) of Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS);
- Team-oriented and an excellent communicator;
- Valid driver's license; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Nova Scotia on an as-required basis.
Englobe adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.