Halifax, NS Human Resources and Recruitment Entry Level Contract
We’re fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic individual to join our team.
What you'll do
- Participate in the recruitment process, which includes: maintaining an online application system, creating job postings, screening resumes, conducting both pre-screen and face-to-face interviews, completing reference checks, and preparing letters of offer/employment contracts;
- Report any changes in payroll to the payroll department prior to each pay period;
- Administer employee rewards, bonuses and recognition programs in conjunction with management;
- Administer and manage all employee benefits programs;
- Facilitate and track training for employees;
- Develop, implement, maintain and interpret policies and procedures to ensure effective delivery of human resources services throughout the company;
- Facilitate, support and administer performance management throughout the entire organization.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook;
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by continuously reviewing and updating as needed to ensure the company remains ISO compliant. This includes participating in both internal and external audits to ensure compliancy;
- Maintain and update all employee personnel files, both electronic and hard copies, and maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
- Create, revise, and administer onboarding packages for new employees;
- Develop Job Descriptions;
- Manage and update employee reports and communications and post internally on the portal;
- Participate in the departure process, including: conducting exit interviews, and deactivating employee accounts;
- Track employment eligibility dates for all benefit programs;
- Provide advice and coaching to Managers and Directors on resolving employee relations and performance management issues;
- Conflict Management and Employee Support;
- Distribute Employee Surveys, track and report results, and implement changes as needed;
- Act as a member of the internal committees;
- Complete other projects and duties as requested by the Director of Human Resources.
What you'll need
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an HR Generalist or HR Admin role;
- Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial employment legislations, including but not limited to, Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Privacy, Pay Equity, Employment Equity, Human Rights and Workers Compensation;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, analyze, and problem solve complex issues and technical problems;
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of MS office software applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent planning, coordinating, organizing, and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as an active team member;
- CHRP designation or working towards one will be considered an asset;
- Experience working in a HR Generalist role within the eLearning industry will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
Human Resources, Payroll.
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Performance Learning
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN) provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN's solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers' compensation boards.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual who wishes to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...