Shearwater, NS • Training and Education • Experienced • Full-time
As a TACCO Training Specialist, you will deliver CH148 helicopter systems and Integrated Mission Systems operational theory, as well as systems/equipment practical utilization and employment instruction. The training is conducted in classroom, part-task trainers, mission simulators, and CH148 aircraft. You can be assigned to regularly scheduled Conversion Training serials, as well as ad-hoc scheduled training events (currency etc.) You will also provide/perform Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and review to support training documentation and courseware development or revision change packages working with the MHTC Training Program Support Cell.
What you'll do
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise on CH148 aircraft systems theory and operation required
- Maintain a working knowledge of all aspects of Maritime Helicopter Operations
- Achieve and maintain instructor qualifications IAW Training Support System and/or established processes
- Satisfy and maintain qualifications to conduct CH148 airborne instruction
- Prepare and maintain instructional lesson plans for the conduct of instruction on the CH148 Cyclone aircraft system and sub-systems
- Coordinate Ab-initio, Continuation, Conversion, and Initial Cadre Training, Maritime Helicopter Training Suite (MHTS), courseware, facility, and MH schedule requirements
- Present/conduct CH148 TACCO training in classroom, simulator and CH148 flight environments as required by TACCO TEP
- Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the Maritime Helicopter Training Centre (MHTC)
- Be prepared to work independently or as a team member on assigned projects related to MHTC operations
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as detailed in the MHTC Instructor/Subject Matter Expert TACCO Position Job description
What you'll need
- Have completed at least one operational tour in the Maritime flying environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Transport Canada Cat 3 medical category
- Possess or be capable of attaining and a NATO Secret security classification on hire
- Proven ability in planning and problem solving
- Exhibit superior ability in oral and written communication
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment
- Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications
- Thorough understanding and application of RCAF Canadian Training doctrine, policies and practices (CFITES).
- Military experience (10+years)
- The following items are highly desirable and would be an asset on application:
- Have completed at least one operational tour in the Maritime Helicopter environment
- Previous Military Maritime Helicopter instructional experience
- Proven ability to communicate in both official languages
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation:
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…