ResMed is the industry leader in providing innovative products and services that improve the lives of millions of people worldwide who have respiratory disorders. We take pride in our people: their innovation, their extraordinary passion for what we do and our opportunity to change lives with every breath. Our Healthcare Informatics (HI) team is seeking applications from innovative and driven QA Automation Engineers to help define and execute against an automation engineering strategy for its rapidly expanding Healthcare Informatics group.
Let’s talk about the team:
Big ideas and big goals reign at ResMed Halifax. Within this major software development office, you will thrive in an environment filled with self-starters with the drive to make a difference. You will be encouraged within a people-focused culture that motivates and recognizes, so that together, we can produce the best products and results.
Let’s talk about you:
At ResMed we focus on capability and passion. You must have previous experience in a QA role at a software company with a keen understanding of the QA process, will have strong organization, communication and judgment skills, and must be willing to improve quality through a balance of hard work and commitment to process improvement.
The Analyst will have hands-on responsibilities in all aspects of quality planning, measurement and analysis, and will become an expert on the functionality of all ResMed Healthcare Informatics applications.
- Develop test strategy for manual and automation testing and drive quality of the HI products
- Design and develop automated and manual tests to ensure software meets quality standards from a system point of view
- Enhance and maintain tools/applications for the current test automation framework
- Develop and execute tests for products and related components
- To participate in investigations, troubleshooting and resolving product issues
- Ensure software releases meet high quality standards and are released on schedule
- Build collaborative relationships within and across teams to facilitate the accomplishment of work goal Maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements
- Perform manual testing and other duties as required
Let’s talk qualifications and experience:
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can think outside the box and possess the mental agility to make an impact within your role quickly. You will be able to demonstrate grit, initiative, have the ability to learn fast and to work effectively within the team environment. You will have solid business acumen and be able to easily manage the detail, as well as drive a “big picture” perspective. You will have the ability to work autonomously, flexibly and focus on delivering results to ensure success in the role.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in software test automation
- Experience in developing applications/tools using Java
- Experience with automation frameworks and test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, and HtmlUnit
- Detailed knowledge of software test methodologies and development process
- Experience with testing REST-based APIs and Services
- Experience with Jira, Zephyr and Cucumber considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn fast and handle a dynamic environment, working independently and as a team player, as needed
- Experience using SCRUM development process would be desired
Ok, so what's next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. A role where each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
Please apply online: http://bit.ly/2GeyW9A
We thank all applicants, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Successful candidates must undergo and pass a background check.