Rutter Inc., in business since 1998, is a privately held global enterprise, delivering innovative radar technologies that enhance safety, security and efficiency in multiple sectors, including marine operations, oil and gas, and defence. Rutter is currently seeking a forward-thinking and innovative individual to join the Rutter team in the position of Software Support Developer.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the candidate’s primary responsibilities as a member of the R&D team includes technical software support of in-field product, assisting Rutter’s OEM partners with software integration activities, and working with Rutter’s R&D team on software issue resolution and verification testing. From time to time, the candidate may also be engaged in core software development activities, and assisting in installation and commissioning activities.
Rutter invites potential candidates with the following experience and qualifications to apply:
- 2+ years of experience in related field/industry experience (i.e. software customer support, software development, marine navigational electronics knowledge, etc.).
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary engineering or computer science degree, or a 3 year engineering technology diploma.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of development tools (TortoiseSVN, Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, Mantis, Review Assistant, etc.).
- Working knowledge and capabilities in C/C++, C#, and .NET framework.
- Basic electrical circuitry skills (soldering, wiring, hardware diagnostics using multi-meter/oscilloscope, etc.).
- CUDA based programming knowledge is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Matlab is considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and be insurable on a company vehicle.
- Must possess a valid WHSCC approved Certificate of Fall Protection course certificate (or be eligible to obtain such a certificate).
- Must provide proof of a clear standing criminal record background check prior to commencement of employment.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. Rutter Inc. offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes profit sharing through a progressive bonus system. This is an exceptional opportunity for professional growth within a global enterprise. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Rutter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your résumé (in confidence), quoting the job title by Friday, March 2, 2018 to:
Attention: Human Resources
30 Hallett Crescent, Suite 102
St. John’s, NL, Canada