MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Irving Pulp and Paper produces 325,000 metric tons annually of kraft pulp for customers worldwide. Our location in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada ideally positions us to service Northeastern United States, Eastern Canada, and Europe. Our pulp is manufactured from wood chips from our well-managed woodlands operations and selected suppliers. Irving Pulp and Paper is ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) certified.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our operations for an Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student.
- Education Required: Mechanical Engineering Students available for co-op work term and in good academic standing
- Years of Experience Required: <2 years
- Ability to work in a team environment involving engineering consultants, equipment suppliers, unionized contractors, and mill personnel to ensure projects are completed in a cost effective, timely, safe, and quality manner.
- Ability to work safely both in the office and on mill construction sites
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and shifting priorities
- High energy level with thorough attention to details
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physically capable of climbing ladders and staging
What You Can Expect from your Work Term:
- Project concept development and preliminary design assignments
- Project drawings and documents management activities
- Assignments related to the development of project funding applications, justifications
- Detailed design assignments
- Participation in the supervision of engineering and design contracts
- Preparation of request for proposal documentation and comparisons
- Requisitioning of materials and services
- Participation in the management of construction contracts
- Project construction, commissioning, and start-up support activities.
- Following mill project management procedures to initiate, build, and commission maintenance and capital projects
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals
- Working with contractors and mill personnel to determine scope, planning, and execution of work packages for mill projects
- Assisting maintenance staff when required
Please submit an application, including a resume.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Pulp and Paper, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.