Communications and Marketing
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that’s celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
Communications and Marketing (C&M) supports Dalhousie’s strategic priorities by working with departments and units to tell the stories of the students, faculty, and staff who make Dalhousie an extraordinary place. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Manager will be responsible for optimizing the university’s digital marketing campaigns across all digital platforms, from concept to execution.
- Extend and advance the university’s marketing and communications presence by maximizing the user experience across the university’s digital communication channels.
- Undertake strategy development, oversight and implementation of C&M digital marketing initiatives.
- Identify trends and insights, and evaluate emerging technologies in order to recommend adoption of new digital platforms.
- Work closely with campus-wide communicators, supporting these stakeholders in the development of their digital campaigns.
- Develop and leverage video to support strategic initiatives from ideation through to execution and measurement reporting.
- Explore the use of podcasts or other digital tools as viable communications strategies for the university.
- Measure and report on performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in marketing or related field (or equivalent combination of training and experience), plus approximately five years’ related experience in digital marketing. Must be highly creative and have experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate. Solid knowledge of website analytics tools and experience with video and audio capture required. Must be able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders with varying levels of expertise in digital marketing.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by 10 p.m. on January 26, 2018 to competition DPMG-18010.
Salary Range: $56,923 - $77,013 per annum (ADM-06). This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.
This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG).
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.