Req ID: 12171
Location: Western Zone, Yarmouth Regional Hospital
Department: 60012650 Child Team-Yarmouth Mental Health Centre
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly FT long-term (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare CUPE Healthcare
Posting Closing Date: 08-Mar-18
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Schools Plus is a collaborative model that is comprehensive and student focused. Multiple partners work together to educate and provide service to the whole child and family, with the school as the centre of service. Working within the Schools Plus Model, the Social Worker III/ Psychologist (Masters) will report to the Child and Adolescent Manager, Mental Health and Addictions, for all clinical duties pertaining to individuals, groups and families. The Social Worker III/ Psychologist (Masters) is a member of the multidisciplinary team and participates in the planning, development, provision and evaluation of mental health services for the assigned population in designated school settings.
The duties of the Mental Health Social Worker III/ Psychologist (Masters) will be carried out in accordance with the principles and practices that guide Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA).
- Masters degree in Psychology, Social Work.
- Registered with a respective licensing body required.
- Professional experience and training in Child and Youth Mental Health required.
- Three to five years clinical experience in mental health required preferred.
- Early identification and intervention skills, with knowledge of a brief therapy model.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and work cooperatively with community partners/agencies like school personnel, probation staff, law enforcement, family resource and recreation centres.
- Demonstrated ability to work competently with individuals, groups and families.
- Demonstrate ability to work competently and cooperatively with youth and families across community settings.
- Experience working in an educational setting would be considered an asset.
- Hold a current Nova Scotia driver’s license and has access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to communicate in French both verbally and in writing is an asset.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
- Temporary full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
- Beginning as soon as possible for approximately 12 months
Social Worker III or Psychologist (Masters):
$32.6538 - $42.9027 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit a criminal record check and assume any associated costs, as a condition of employment.
This is a Healthcare CUPE Healthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/