Location: Shelburne, Nova Scotia, Canada, B0T 1W0
Req ID: 7701
Location: Western Roseway Hospital
Department: 60012652 Child Team-Shelburne Mental Health Cent
Type of Employment: Regular Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare CUPE Healthcare
Posting Closing Date: 08-Mar-18
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Social Worker/Psychologist is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and participates in the planning, development, provision and evaluation of Mental Health Services for clients across the age continuum. The Social Worker/Psychologist is accountable to the Manager, Child & Youth Mental Health & Addiction Services, or designate for all clinical duties and for mental health promotion activities. Travel within the area of service in the zone may be required.
The duties of the Social Worker/Psychologist will be carried out in accordance with the principles and practices that guide Nova Scotia Health Authority.
- Masters Degree in Psychology – Registered Psychologist or Candidates Register, Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology, or Masters in Social Work- Registered or Candidates Register, Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers or Masters in Counselling, registered with Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSSCT)
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in mental health.
- Ability to work independently, yet work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
- Ability to seek and accept clinical supervision and consultation in the management of patients.
- Holds a current Nova Scotia driver’s license and has access to a reliable vehicle.
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
- Good knowledge of local community populations, agencies and resources.
- Experience working with crisis situations.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Community experience considered an asset
Hours of Work
- Regular full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
- $32.6358 - $42.9027 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a Healthcare CUPE Healthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile.
Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.