St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador Training and Education Experienced Other
Bluedrop is looking for someone who can use their analytical thinking and creative design skills to help us dream up innovative learning solutions – solutions that connect learners to the information they need to succeed. This position requires good collaboration skills. Our designers work hand-in-hand with Multimedia Developers to develop high quality products. They have to be able to brainstorm and share ideas during team meetings and design strategy sessions. They need to welcome feedback, and they need to view each new challenge as an opportunity to learn, grow, and try new things.
What you'll do
- Work as part of a team to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Analyze learners, environments, and existing learning materials, so that you can choose the right mix of learning strategies and techniques.
- Research, organize, and write content that’s appropriate for the audience and goals.
- Visualize instructional graphics and interactions and develop storyboards, help files, job aids, and learning guides using various development tools.
- Participate in initial design strategy sessions and contribute to the design of media, user interfaces, and user experiences.
- Design assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Follow development processes and use established systems.
- Look for efficiencies and monitor project scope and time spent on tasks.
What you'll need
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience working in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- A degree or diploma in any field.
- Working knowledge of learning theories and adult learning principles.
- Experience using Articulate Storyline, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint to develop storyboards/courses.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
We're looking for
Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning Theory.
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Learning Networks
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN) provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN's solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers' compensation boards.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…