NB&M Railways, part of the Transportation and Logistics Division of J.D. Irving Limited, is a 549 mile short line railway headquartered in Saint John, NB providing shippers with strategic interchange points to the North American market place. Along with our normal rail service, we also operate a large Distribution Center and are heavily engaged in several truck and rail reload operations which include log, wood chip, lumber, wood pulp, chemical, and dry bulk transfers. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our customers and a safe working environment for our employees.
NBM Railways is currently seeking applications for a Summer Student Mechanical Analyst located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
This position reports to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor.
- Provide support to the Mechanical Department in NB; specifically with developing new schedules & processes and supporting process improvement projects;
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Develop & implement preventative maintenance schedules
- Create asset records
- Assist with daily data input & tracking as required
- Work closely with billing team in assisting with efficiencies
- Purchasing & budgeting responsibilities as required;
- Reporting/analysis Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis & improvement opportunities on mechanical billing processes
- Supporting mechanical process improvement projects (ie. Cost reductions, locomotive utilization & costs, etc.);
- Assist with other functions in the mechanical area as required.
Education Requirements ? Knowledge & Skills:
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering undergraduate degree program (Mechanical Engineering preferred);
- In positive academic standing;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
To Apply for This Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
New Brunswick Southern Railway Company Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.