Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five times and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2016.
Approximately 5,000 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software Solutions product R&D and delivery organization and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes and smart buildings.
The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid, Siemens is looking for a User Interface Developer to work on the R&D of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS) product.
As a User Interface Developer you play a critical role in helping Siemens achieve high performance in developing their distributed energy management system and smart grid integration of this system. You will operate alongside team members of the software development group, building new software features and exploring new ways of solving complex problems related to the energy domain.
- Drawing from UI/UX experiences, prototype user interfaces to present for review
- Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of UI codebase
- Follow best practices and standards for all web presentation layer development
- Collaborate with distributed global development team
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the user interface throughout development
- Bachelor in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or College Diploma with relevant experience
- 4+ years of UI software development experience
- Expertise in front-end web technologies, including HTML/CSS3, AJAX, SASS
- UI Designing/Prototyping and UX experience
- Experience with Source Control systems
- RESTful web service experience an asset
- Java development and/or object-oriented programming experience an asset
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: CA-NB-Fredericton
Organization: Energy Management
Unposting Date: Ongoing