Position: Senior Recruitment Officer (3 Year Contract)
Department: Sobey School of Business
Annual Salary: $54,000 - $65,000 + 4% in lieu of vacation
Under the supervision of the Director, Graduate Program Student Support & Recruitment, Sobey School of Business, the Senior Recruitment Officer is responsible for developing and implementing an operational strategy for ensuring the goals and objectives of the Sobey School of Business’s Graduate Recruitment initiatives are met. The Senior Recruitment Officer will work closely with the undergraduate recruitment office and other members of the University to assist with: visits, career fairs and campus tours; acting as a liaison between academic and non-academic departments for providing information on graduate programs; developing and coordinating recruitment opportunities and business partnerships; maintaining existing relationships between the university and international and national institutions, embassies and agents; and is primarily responsible for the overall promotion of the Sobey School of Business graduate programs on an international basis. Extensive travel to Asia, Africa, and Latin America and other parts of the world is an essential element of the position.
Duties as the Senior Recruitment Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Sobey School of Business graduate programs at public functions in Canada and abroad.
- Designing promotional materials to be used for recruiting purposes at various national and international functions.
- In consultation with the Director and Academic program leadership, developing an International Marketing and Contact Management Plan.
- Liaising with government and education officials in Canada and abroad, including Canadian Education Centre (CEC) Network and Canadian consulates and embassies and working collaboratively with other Atlantic and Canadian Universities in efforts to brand Canada and attract top students.
- Developing and employing systems to ensure inquiries from prospective students are answered in a timely, personalized manner incorporating customer relationship management techniques.
- In consultation with the Director and the University Recruitment office, collaborating to find new international agents. In collaboration with Program Coordinators, the Sobey School of Business Communications Officer and Domestic Recruiters, preparing promotional materials for international student recruitment (both print and web-based) including flyers, newsletters, posters brochures, e-mails, templates responses and application guides and forms.
- Participating in the development of an optimum recruiting and communications strategy.
- Providing information and advice to various University Departments involved with international students on matters related to international student recruitment (admission, registration, visa, immigration, etc.).
- Giving presentations and workshops to introduce the University to potential international clients.
- Conducting market research to identify countries and educational market opportunities for new graduate students.
- Identifying potential websites/links to situate the Sobey School of Business profile for target audiences.
- Building strategic alliances in China and elsewhere for the development of new 2+2 and 3+1+1 programs.
- Maintaining familiarity with program specific admissions criteria in order to advise prospective students.
- Working with FGSR to ensure applications are completed in a timely fashion for decision making.
- Communicating with applicants during the admission process.
- Offering feedback to applicants including those who do not meet the admission requirements.
- Managing the scholarship, bursaries and awards processes.
- Supporting the preparation and monitoring the marketing budget for submissions and ongoing reporting.
- Verifying commission payments to agents.
- Representing the Sobey School of Business on University committees, as required.
- Keeping current on recruitment best practices and making recommendations on various.
- Utilizing the CRM and student information systems for tracking and analysis.
- Participating in the development and administration of policies and events to meet the needs of incoming students and assisting in the planning of scholarship receptions.
- Maintaining application files and meeting documents.
- Calculating admission and enrolment statistics to support strategic enrolment management process.
- Generating reports for faculty leadership and various bodies on data collected, such as number of accepted students, academic profiles of applicants, average Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores, etc.
- Producing reports on student admissions, academic profiles, English proficiency, etc. to the Program Councils and Program Coordinators.
To be the successful Senior Recruitment Officer you will possess an undergraduate degree with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience, including international experience preferably in the education/marketing sector and knowledge of recruitment practices and familiarity with recruitment technology. You demonstrate excellent organizational and team building skills; strong oral and written communication skills; and exceptional computer skills including database management and MSOffice. You will have an ability and willingness to travel internationally and must hold a valid passport for international travel (or be able to obtain such passport) and the ability to work in a cross cultural setting and provide services for a diverse population. Knowledge of scholarship and award and administration; knowledge of student loan and visa program regulations; knowledge of curriculums from around the world; and knowledge of a second language will all be considered assets.
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
The search committee will begin to consider applications on January 5, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Mary’s University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary’s University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary’s University promotes a scent free environment and is proud to be tobacco-free as of September 1, 2013