Position: International Centre for Cooperative Management (ICCM)/
Cooperative Management Education (CME) Operations Administrator (2 Year Contract)
Department: Sobey School of Business
Annual Salary: $40,000 - $50,000 + 4% in lieu of vacation
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary’s University is one of Canada’s oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary’s University is home to one of Canada’s leading business schools, a science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
The ICCM/CME Operations Administrator is core member of the ICCM/CME team. He/she works collaboratively with the ICCM/CME team and has responsibility to execute on most internal (university) processes and functions that relate to the Centre/Programs activities.
Duties as the ICCM/CME Operations Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and administering all aspects of special event arrangements and logistics (student orientation, graduation events, special meetings and programs, conferences, Program Council, Co-operative Management Education Co-operative (CMEC) meetings, etc.).
- Providing for-credit Master’s level course support within and outside of the online learning system (Brightspace) system (includes support for instructors by way of course management and updates to content; quality control of courses within Brightspace; point of contact for student concerns; coordinating course schedules, discussion groups, and course evaluations; maintaining an electronic matrix of program course materials; and delivery of course materials to students, etc.).
- Assisting students in understanding University policy, academic regulations, processes and procedures and referring students to relevant SMU resources as required.
- Administering the budget, expenses, and payments for diverse activities (academic programs, study tours, executive education, conferences, etc.).
- Supporting the Managing Director in administering bursary awards.
- Assisting to the Manager of Promotion and Partnership (MPP) with student recruitment and application processing.
- Maintaining databases and records for prospective students, current students, graduates, and external stakeholders
- Organizing logistics for study tours (Italy, Spain, and additional special tours).
- Providing administrative support /assistance to CME program staff, instructors, students, and partners as needed.
- Maintaining strong working relationships in the university community, co-op sector, program partners (including other educational institutions).
- Managing inquiries, correspondence, and electronic communication for ICCM/CME.
- Maintaining ICCM/CME information on all internal Saint Mary’s systems/document (e.g. academic calendar, course schedules)
- Collaborating with CME Student and Alumni Co-operative as needed.
- Participating in Co-operative Management Education Co-operative (CMEC) activities (such as acting as the CMEC Treasurer; assisting in organizing meetings; maintaining CMEC records, etc.).
- Training, supervising and evaluating staff as required.
To be the successful ICCM/CME Operations Administrator you will possess a business or administration oriented Diploma or Degree with at least five (5) years of work experience in related positions with specific experience in finance, project planning and implementation, and event planning. You have an affinity for the co-operative business model and/or non-profit or membership-based organizations; the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, cyclical environment; and are curious with a willingness to learn. Your relationship-building personality combined with strong written and verbal communication skills along with being very well organized with a drive to take initiative and solve problems will ensure your success in this position. You also work well in a team environment but are able to work independently and without direct supervision of day-to-day activities. Your proficiency with computer applications will include Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Pro and knowledge of, and/or comfort learning, online systems such as Go To Meeting, Constant Contacts, survey tools, and social media. Experience with, or comfort learning, the core internal systems such as the online learning platforms (ie. Blackboard, Brightspace D2L), Vena (finance system), Banner (student records, etc.), and website maintenance will ensure you are the successful ICCM/CME Operations Administrator. Participation in occasional out-of-town events, plus evening and weekend work is required.
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
The search committee will begin to consider applications on December 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Mary’s University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary’s University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary’s University promotes a scent free environment and is proud to be tobacco-free as of September 1, 2013