Position: Communications & Public Outreach Coordinator
Duration: November 2017 – March 31st, 2018 - with possibility of renewal
UINR is in immediate need of a qualified professional with communications and public relations experience to assist in promoting and educating on the responsible and sustainable use of our resources in Unama’ki.
The successful candidate must be capable of preparing written and visual presentations to both government and the general public, organizing and preparing materials for various public meetings/exhibits, developing effective communications strategies, and have extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A University degree or College diploma in communications/related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, computer imaging, power point, publishing and other related computer software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Facility with written media including publication layouts and text writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity with government policies and procedures an asset
- Strong understanding of First Nations culture
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work on own and in a team environment
- Well organized and efficient
- Awareness of environmental issues particularly as they pertain to the Bras d’Or Lakes and watershed.
Salary Range: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 *
* Depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline for application: November 22nd, 2017
Send resumes to:
c/o Annie E. Johnson
4102 Shore Road
Eskasoni, N.S., B1W 1M4
Fax: (902) 379-2250