Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Maternity Leave)
The Halifax Chamber of Commerce is a best-practice, business advocacy organization that continuously strives to make Halifax an even more attractive city in which to live, work and play. Our core purpose is to help Halifax reach its full potential as a great city.
We are looking for someone to join our already strong, energetic team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this 1-year position is our organization’s front line customer service expert and plays a key support role in virtually every area of the Chamber. The Chamber has an exceptional level of satisfaction, which needs to be maintained. This position will directly contribute to the satisfaction and retention of Halifax Chamber of Commerce members in all areas of their membership. This position has a very broad exposure to the Chamber including member services, sales, accounting, and database management.
- Greeting walk in traffic
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls, courier and mail
- Assist in facility management
- Responsible for opening and closing of office
- Coordinates all aspects of boardroom and meeting rooms for meetings and in-house events: set up, tear down, table arrangement, coffee/water/tea, and audio/visual
- Provide Certificate of Origin services
- Assist in the maintenance of the Chamber database
- Provide support to all staff and ensure all sales materials are current and available to sales and member services staff
- Diploma/Degree from a recognized college/business school, or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. If neither are applicable, the applicant must have a least 2 year’s experience working in a similar environment.
- Applicant must have excellent customer services and greeting skills, as this position requires a large amount of interaction with clients and members as well as, the general public.
- Significant experience with filing, database management, and computer systems is a necessity.
- Mandatory typing speed of 60 WPM with minimal errors.
This position has a salary of $31,000-32,500 depending on experience, with a comprehensive benefit package.
Closing date: Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 by 5pm
Please send resume and cover letter to Colin J Bustard, Director of Finance and Administration by clicking the Apply Now button.
Fax: (902) 468-7333
No phone calls please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.