Crandall Engineering Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm with over 100 staff offering civil, mechanical and electrical services from our offices in Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton. We are an Atlantic Canada, employee-owned firm that works for all levels of government, municipalities, private industry, architects, developers and individuals. Crandall is also proud to be an ISO 9001 registered firm, which ensures a consistently high level of quality.
Due to the continued growth of our business and the pending opening of our fourth office in Corner Brook, NL, we currently have an opening in Corner Brook for an Intermediate Civil Engineer.
Why you should apply…
As an Intermediate Civil Engineer, under the direction of your Team Coordinator, you are expected to be a self-starter with strong technical knowledge and a familiarity with local municipal development processes, including design, project management and building client relationships. You will also support the growth of the business and assist with the development of younger staff. But the most importantly you should apply for this position for the opportunity to grow your career by working with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the industry!
Some of the competencies we are looking for…
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Attention to Detail while multi-tasking
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Experienced in the supervision of municipal infrastructure projects, including surveying with total station/GPS.
- Proficient with MS office
- Experience with Civil 3D
How you’ll bring value…
- Prepare written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, and detailed design
- Prepare contract documents and construction drawings
- Assist with Project Management tasks including managing schedules, budgets, reporting, and contract administration during construction
- Supervise municipal infrastructure projects, including surveying with total station/GPS.
- Achieve budget compliance on assigned engineering projects to ensure financial objectives are met or exceeded
- Effectively and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, with clients (internal and external)
- Coordinate sub-consultants' activity on projects
- Execute projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards
What we need from you…
- Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- Registered or eligible for immediate registration with PEGNL
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in infrastructure design
Type of Hire…
We pride ourselves on our family-oriented culture and our customer-focused approach. We are committed to, and are recognized by our employees, for providing long-term rewarding careers. We do this by offering an exciting, team oriented and continuous learning work environment.
Crandall is proud to be recognized as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” in North America. Having ranked for 2 consecutive years and being the only Canadian firm to rank is why you want to join the winning team at Crandall!
Applicants can submit their resume in confidence by mail or e-mail to the following:
Crandall Engineering Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org
1077, St George Blvd, Suite 400 Tel: 1-866-857-2777
Moncton, NB E1E 4C9 Fax: 506-857-2753
Crandall Engineering Ltd. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Crandall Engineering Ltd. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.