Lorneville Mechanical Contractors is a professional, experienced mechanical service and engineering company. We specialize in construction, maintenance, installation, and fabrication of industrial equipment. Since 1977, Lorneville Mechanical Contractors has competently executed a wide variety of projects for many heavy industry clients. For more information on our company please visit our website, www.lorneville.com
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Purchasing Coordinator based out of our Saint John office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identifying vendors of materials, equipment or supplies.
- Establish excellent vendor relations.
- Help to manage logistics for project related items.
- Develop daily status and progress reports on delivery of materials
- Maintain an up to date data base for all orders.
- Expedite materials to ensure timely receipt.
- Matching of invoicing with purchase orders
- Provide cost effective solutions related to purchasing of materials and equipment
- Facilitate and manage daily cost reporting for subcontractors
- General cost control
- Successful completion of BBA Degree or a Diploma from an Engineering Technology Program.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a purchasing position, ideally in a construction environment.
- Must be able to travel within Canada (short or longer duration assignments)
- Completion or enrollment in SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) designation is considered a strong asset.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- A self started with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
If you are the qualified candidate we are seeking, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity please reply by October 6, 2017 in confidence to:
Lorneville Mechanical Contractors
Attention: Heather Paulin, Human Resources Manager
We thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.