Rutter Inc. delivers world-class technologies to enhance safety, security and efficiency. Rutter is a privately held global enterprise providing innovative 21st century radar technologies and engineering solutions to multiple sectors including marine operations, oil and gas, and defence. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join Rutter’s Research and Development team.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the candidate’s primary responsibility will be the design, implementation, and maintenance of new software products, and enhancing existing products following Rutter’s Design and Development Process. This includes generating software design and test documentation, participation in requirements definition, design reviews and code inspections. The candidate will be required to produce technical documentation outlining interfaces, algorithms, and configuration items as well as implementing these in to Rutter’s code base.
The candidate’s technical effort will be focused in the radar product space, including but not limited to: scan averaging, target acquisition and tracking, scan conversion, oil spill detection, system interface design, and various other CUDA-based image/data processing filtering techniques.
The position requires extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software as well as good software design practices. A sound understanding of marine radar theory is also desired in the candidate. Innovative, independent thought is a must, but the candidate also needs to work in a collaborative team environment, necessitating strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
- B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering with specialization in computer engineering or a B.Sc. in Computer Science. Candidates with equivalent relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a software development position.
- A thorough knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming (OOD/OOP) practices.
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++/Microsoft Foundations Classes (MFC) is required.
- Strong knowledge and abilities in CUDA based programming, C#, or .NET framework is required.
- Excellent knowledge of various communication protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP, and Serial/USB.
- Experience with real-time signal processing is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in Windows® 8/10 PCIe device driver development is considered a strong asset.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. Rutter Inc. offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes profit sharing through a progressive bonus system. This is an exceptional opportunity for professional growth within a global enterprise. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Rutter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your résumé (in confidence), quoting the job title by August 28th, 2017 to:
Attention: Human Resources
30 Hallett Crescent, Suite 102
St. John’s, NL, Canada
Please quote competition number SSD0809-CB when applying.