New Brunswick Community College Student Union
Student Life Officer
Competition # 17-6860-SLO
3 Campus Locations: Fredericton, Miramichi & St. Andrews
The New Brunswick Community College Student Union (NBCCSU), on behalf of three (3) Local Campus Unions (LCU’s), is seeking Student Life Officers for its Fredericton, Miramichi and St. Andrews campuses.
Student Life Officers are responsible for the planning, delivery, and evaluation of sporting, recreation, social, cultural, leisure, fundraising, wellness and volunteer student activities that enhance the quality of student life for NBCC students.
- Assisting in the planning, development and implementation of an annual business plan,
- Liaising with community groups to support community events and promote volunteerism,
- Managing extra-curricular activities and events that complement NBCC’s plans,
- Ensuring student committees and clubs are organized and provide leadership,
- Supporting the Local Campus Union (LCU) and providing guidance concerning the NBCCSU constitution, bylaws and guidelines,
- Managing the flow of information from and to students,
- Managing the financial aspects of the LCU office including events, monitoring the business plan and budget,
- Supervising staff of the LCU office including clerical support, financial services, summer camp staff and special projects staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year post-secondary training.
- Experience with bookkeeping or accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; word and excel
- Experience working with Student Representative Councils or Health & Safety Committees is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Provide proof of a clean CPIC (criminal record check).
Hours of work may vary depending on activity – some evenings and/or weekend work may be involved. Depending on campus location and need, weekly hours of work may vary between 20 and 30 hours per week.
To apply: Deadline to apply is August 24, 2017. Please send a resume indicating campus of interest to:
284 Smythe Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 3C9