COWI North America is a leading bridge, tunnel and marine engineering consulting group built on over 85 years of international experience. We provide our clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to the most complex engineering challenges worldwide from our 11 North American offices. COWI's 6,600 person global organization is involved in more than 14,000 projects across 124 countries.
Our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists work on some of the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. COWI continues to push the boundaries of what is technically possible, from designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest lateral bridge slide, to creating marine resiliency for our waterfront communities.
We are seeking a CAD Technician to join our team in Halifax, NS.
The incumbent is part of a highly professional team that provides Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) detailing expertise on numerous bridge design projects.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Prepares engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of bridge structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures;
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques;
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision;
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation;
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget;
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 2 - 5 years of relevant design/drafting experience, with bridge design/drafting experience preferred;
- Advanced experience in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation with 3D modeling experience preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Superior planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion;
- Excellent attention to detailing of complex bridge components;
- Sound decision making skills;
- Ability to work with staff located remotely;
- Ability and willingness to travel; and
- Experience with design/build projects preferred.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe. COWI is a place for collaboration with some high-caliber professionals and the opportunity to learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional. COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, excellent benefits, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kindly note that emailed applications will not be accepted or considered.