Dexter Construction is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces.
We are currently seeking applicants to work out of our Bedford, NS, office for the following position.
Survey CAD Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop survey plans and field layout files using Civil 3D.
- Ensure all project drawings are accurate and updated.
- Perform earthwork volumetric computations.
- GIS development & implementation.
- Document control and database management.
- Preparation and compilation of all data and documents related to construction surveys and record drawings.
- Aggressively seek out opportunities to provide support as a value added member of the team.
- Ensure CAD standards and procedures are followed for all drawings and calculations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Suitable candidates will require previous experience or training in a CAD Technician role, ideally from a survey /highways / mining/ construction background;
- Post secondary education with a concentration in surveying/engineering is preferred;
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Civil 3D or Micro station would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment;
- Bilingualism (English and French), is a definite asset;
- Must have a valid drivers’ license;
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume to:
Fax: (902) 832-6331
Please reference Survey CAD Technician in subject line.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.