Harbourside Geotechnical Consultants (HGC), a consulting engineering firm based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is looking for a Geotechnical Technician to join our team. As part of the Harbourside Group of Companies, HGC specializes in geotechnical engineering in support of construction, transportation, and heavy civil infrastructure projects with an emphasis on bridges, marine structures, and construction engineering. Harbourside is one of the fastest-growing engineering groups in Atlantic Canada and have a reputation for working on technically challenging and high-profile projects. As an employee-owned company, Harbourside provides a work environment that fosters engagement and a sense of accountability.
As a Geotechnical Technician, you will provide support to our experienced senior engineering and technical staff on a wide variety of projects. This opportunity will be both challenging and rewarding, providing the successful candidate with the ability to expand their skills while working as a key member of a young and dynamic team.
The work would consist of a variety of laboratory, field, and office work which may include:
- Performing field QA/QC monitoring, inspection, and testing;
- Performing laboratory and field testing of soils;
- Field supervision of geotechnical investigations;
- Installing and monitoring instrumentation;
- Assisting with project coordination, proposal writing, and report writing;
- Performing site visits to gather information and carry-out construction site review; and
- Marketing and selling engineering services.
Required Competencies, Capabilities, and Credentials:
- Three years direct experience as a geotechnical/materials technician;
- Comprehensive understanding of soils and materials testing;
- Willingness to travel within and outside of Nova Scotia;
- Show strong initiative, innovation, and a commitment to excellence; and
- Hold a valid driver’s licence.
- A diploma in civil engineering technology or civil engineering is an asset.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized professional with the ability to prioritize multiple work assignments. They will possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience working with contractors, attending project meetings, and coordinating with other organizations and consultants would be considered strong assets.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com. All applications will be handled in strict confidence. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please quote competition number GT0630-CB when applying.