Junior Instructional Designer (ID)
As an Instructional Designer (ID), you will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of face-to-face and online training. Working closely with Project Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Developers, you will design creative instructional strategies.
- Use process and standards, storyboard EL/DL products as prioritized by leadership in terms of content, media, learner profiles, instructional methods and levels of knowledge.
- Liaise with courseware project Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Offices of Primary Interest (OPIs) for content acquisition, clarification, and overall alignment of EL/DL content to the desired performance objectives (POs) in accordance with the mandated Training Plan (TP).
- Advise and liaise with the production and quality assurance teams during product design, development, release and evaluation phases, including but not limited to contributing to learner assessment products, QC checks complete with verifications, and peer review.
- Assist in conducting QC reviews if required.
- Synthesize content into creative, sound instructional design that is cognitively engaging.
- Write assessment questions appropriate to the level of learning, matching the learning objectives.
- Work cooperatively with multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of DND civilian and military personnel, interns and other contractors.
- Participate in appropriate planning processes, meeting and working groups dealing primarily with the overall project, the project team and matters pertaining to general courseware production and the content review and revision cycles.
- Ensure consistency and maintain documentation for specific style guidelines (i.e., project specific or school specific style guides).
- Prepare courseware text documents to be sent to translation.
- Support development of the project plan and schedule.
- Assist in the design of the learning solution and prepare both high level and detailed design documents.
- Assist in the design and support the development of prototypes and beta test products and ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
- Liaise with development staff as needed prior to and during production (ie. to refine media specifications, to clarify storyboards and to share updates or changes).
- Identify potential obstacles, scope changes or impact on deliverables.
- Other duties as required.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications in one of two streams:
- Must have a college diploma or degree in any field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the last 10 years in Instructional Design.
- Must have a minimum of 3 year experience in the last 10 years in the instructional design of eLearning products.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must have an undergraduate degree with a Major in one of the following fields: Education, Adult Learning, Distance Learning or eLearning
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in instructional design
- Must be proficient in English
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…