Position Title: Cold Storage Intern - Florenceville, NB - May 2024
Position Type: Temporary - Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Requisition ID: 27923
Potatoes. French Fries. Taters. You love them, we make them. In fact, we make 1/3 of the world's frozen potato products and if you have eaten fries this week, chances are, they were ours.
At McCain Foods, we know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to uplift and bring people, families, businesses and communities together. Guided by our purpose to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, we believe that working together with our teams, business and community partners will bring sustainable growth and positive change - today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
As a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries and a global team of 22,000 people, our values and culture are at the heart of everything we do.
Students like you are important to us. We aim to hire the best and brightest co-op students and interns, with the goal of having you join us as full-time employees upon graduation. Our ideal student candidate is passionate, collaborative, willing to learn and take initiative.
Why join the McCain family?
- You aren't "just a student" at McCain, you will be treated like any other member of your team
- Work with and learn from passionate leaders
- Our core values – Family, Authentic, Trusted and Quality – shine through every day, in everything we do
- Your experience at McCain is what you make of it – ask questions, network, take advantage of the opportunity to learn from our professionals
We are looking for a Cold Storage Intern – Florenceville-Bristol, NB to join us starting in May-June 2024.
What You Need to be Successful
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Furthermore, in order to be considered, you will attend work regularly within Company guidelines and have a strong safety record.
- Must have Grade 12 education or GED (include transcript).
- Must have basic computer skills; be able to work in SAP and WMS environment (Warehouse management system).
- Ability to work well with CCS supervision and warehouse employees.
- Must be highly motivated, observant with good initiative, and a positive attitude.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of products and product codes would be an asset.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast pace environment, adapting to and embracing change as it occurs.
- Team player with excellent attendance.
Essential Duties Include the following:?Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Maintains a 5 or less attendance rate. Conduct checks and records information on check sheets. Ensure bags and cases are sealed correctly and with proper codes displayed. Implement Lean Manufacturing practices relative to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People. On-site Requirement - Must perform duties onsite. Perform daily and downtime sanitation. Responsible for cleaning equipment parts
Maintenance Requirements:?Assure that all tools used in carrying out the job are in good shape, and safe for operation at all times.
Operation Skills Required:
Ability to Performance Criteria Maintains a standard of cleanliness – 5S Safety and Initiative: Maintain the ability to come in early or stay late as needed. Train on proper Lock Out Tag Out and all other safety procedures. Prioritize personal safety and that of your coworkers at all times. **Other Duties may be assigned**
What You Can Expect From Us
- A supportive team that will encourage you to be and do your best
- A safe and flexible working environment that promotes work/life balance
- The opportunity to be part of meaningful work and projects
- The opportunity to be part of our student community, to connect with students across North America
If you wish to be considered for the above vacancy, please apply online via www.mccain.com/careers on or before February 26th, 2024
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Student & Graduates; Manufacturing
Division: NA Supply Chain
Department: Cold Stores and Distribution FVL
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Centreville || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Edmundston || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Grand Falls || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Somerville
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)