Job Title: Senior Wage Subsidy Lead, Indigenous Employment Program
Reports to: Manager, Workforce Development
Number of Positions: 1
Hours: 35 per week (full-time, permanent position)
Location: Flexible Location, NS
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Anticipated Start Date: March 4, 2024
Clean is pleased to partner with the Native Council of Nova Scotia to offer designated role for a Senior Wage Subsidy Lead with the Indigenous Employment Program.
About Clean Foundation:
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming. We're here to make the biggest impact for the communities we support.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome candidates from diverse equity groups to apply and encourage you self-identify on either your cover letter or resume. As this is an Indigenous Employment Program, preference will be given to Indigenous applicants that match the qualifications and are best suited for the position.
Summary of the Program:
The Indigenous Employment Program is designed to connect Indigenous job seekers with prospective employers in high demand sectors of our clean economy. To do so, it combines direct training and job placement, wage subsidy supports, community-based education and engagement, and networking opportunities through job fairs and targeted relationship building. As we help to build Nova Scotia's clean economy, we recognize our responsibility to ensure that everyone has access to the growing number of education and employment opportunities.
Summary of the Position:
Clean's Workforce Development team is hiring for a Senior Wage Subsidy Lead to help design and deliver a new funding program supporting Indigenous workers gaining quality, paid work experience placements in high demand clean economy sectors. As a key element of the larger Indigenous Employment Program, the wage subsidies will support the outcomes of providing Indigenous workers with in-demand skills needed to meet the labour force requirements for the clean economy.
As the Senior Wage Subsidy Lead, you'll be responsible for coordinating the smooth delivery of the wage subsidy component of the Indigenous Employment Program, including the recruitment of host employers and Indigenous workers, administering the wage subsidies, and supporting both the workers and host employers to ensure high-quality work placement experiences. This is both an energizing and demanding position which requires strong organizational, problem-solving, project coordination and collaborative skills along with a passion for connecting local business with local Indigenous talent to help grow the clean economy.
As the Senior Wage Subsidy Lead, you will:
- Work in collaboration with the Junior Wage Subsidy Lead, the Manager, Workforce Development and other Indigenous Employment Program team members.
- Support the design, and lead the day-to-day delivery. of the wage subsidy component of the Indigenous Employment Program.
- Actively and creatively market the program to potential host employers and Indigenous workers, with a view to creating successful matches for workers and host employers.
- Oversee full end-to-end management of the wage subsidy program, including developing tools to track and report on program deliverables, deadlines and key performance metrics.
- Ensure that timely and professional communications are maintained with program contacts.
- Coordinate the payment of all wage subsidies and develop and maintain processes and tools to ensure ongoing and accurate tracking of program finances.
- Provide support to host employers and Indigenous interns to support successful work experiences.
- Attend conferences and networking events to promote the program and develop new contacts.
- Conduct virtual and in-person site visits with interns and employers.
- Assist with all necessary reporting tasks, both internally and for external partners.
- Support occupational health and safety program compliance.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a relevant field, specialized industry certification, or an acceptable combination of relevant training and experience.
- Strong organizational, teamwork and project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking, team leadership, problem-solving and financial skills.
- Experience with common office software, such as Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Capable of effectively communicating complex concepts to a broad audience of internal and external partners.
- Excellent prioritization skills and respect for deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented approach.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Positive, outgoing and able to work independently or in a team.
- Self-directed with a strong sense of initiative and confidence working independently.
The extra shine of working at Clean:
- No more emails past 5 p.m.-your off-work time is YOUR time.
- RRSP matching.
- We fully cover your health and dental insurance plan.
- Paid vacation and wellness days.
- Paid volunteer time off.
- You get your birthday off (if falls during a workday).
- Every day is treat day-are you team M&M's or team Sour Keys?
- Your dog friends are welcomed. (in Dartmouth office)
- We offer a hybrid work environment (team dependent).
This role will be a combination of remote and in-office hours which will require work on a computer for extended periods of time. Additional hours, or time outside of the normal work hours, may be required to meet operational requirements of planning and delivering specific projects at specific times of the year.
If making an impact through your work excites you then Clean may be your next career move. If you're interested in our current position of Senior Wage Subsidy Lead, Indigenous Employment Program, please submit your cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. The screening questions are mandatory to the application process and will be evaluated to determine whether candidates are selected for an interview.
We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.